Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back in Black

For those that don't know me, I am a programmer by day, building "web applications" for my company. I am in a fairly fortunate situation where I get to work from home four days a week, with the exception of Wednesdays when I go into the office to take care the the business that requires my presence.

Today is Wednesday, and that also means a long day. Part of the reason I work remotely is that I work in excess of an hour from where I live, so between 8.5 hours in the office and a 2.5 hour round trip commute, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time to squeeze in work on the car, especially when you have a precocious 2.5 year old daugter who demands time with her daddy. By the time I have dinner with my family and she goes to bed, its just too cold yet to work out in the garage... ahhh spring in the midwest!

Needless to say, that doesn't mean I am completely off duty. I am always looking forward to another part of the project.

Due to the fact that this Delorean has been roasting in the sun, all of the fiberlass componenets (the license plate surround, the rear quarter louvres) are now completely devoid of color and are completely washed out, in fact you can actually see the fiberglass now. As long as the pieces are in good condition, I have it on good word that SEM Trim Black Paint is the way to go for making these pieces look new; so today I ordered a can that should be here in about a week. I will take a picture of the before and after, and post the comparison in a later update.

I hope to get the fuel tank/cell emptied out tomorrow so I can see what kind of treasures are inside. Maybe a support ring? I am just hoping I don't find one of the rodents that used this car as a home for years drowned in there.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to that fuel tank cleaning...
    I will have the same thing to do.

    ReplyDelete