Monday, March 29, 2010

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up!

So my daughter sings this song, "Clean up, clean up, everybody clean up, everybody do their share" when its time to clean up her toys. That song sums up my day. After finishing up dinner I proceeded to wash the dishes, after that I continued cleaning, washing, and scrubbing for the rest of the night, or at least until the temperature dipped to 35F and I decided it was time to get out of the cold.

When you have a car that is almost 30 years old, that has been sitting for years, it collects a lot of dirt and grime. I cleaned and scrubbed the area of the frame where the fuel tank sits, a job that I thought would take a few minutes turned into an hour long project, but it looks great now! Unfortunately it was too dark to take a decent picture of this area by the time I got done. There is a tad of surface rust along the edge of the support plate that I want to sand down and re-paint as well. This is a common spot to see a little bit of rust, but it is all superficial and will be easy to repair.

After I finished up that job, I cleaned up the exterior of the fuel tank, and started cleaning the the fuel tank closing plate, but didn't quite get that finished. I also realized that I have many more hours of cleaning to go. Not an exciting day of work, but still very necessary work.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I really enjoy your posts, I'm learning from them, getting ready for mine.

    Could you put some photos about the cleaned surfaces?
    Maybe like: Before- After style :)

    Thanks
    Bopat

    ReplyDelete