Monday, August 16, 2010

Hear that? Its the sound of crickets.

Yes, the dog days of summer are here and my blog has been quiet for some time. I've been tied up with a project I'm woking on for a new business venture and it has essentially taken over my life so I haven't had a whole lot of time to do work on the car. This project should let up a bit by the end of September. It has also just been too hot to work out in the garage. I live by Lake Michigan which usually has a nice cooling effect during the summer but the heat this year has been unprecendented, temperatures in the high 80's and 90's with humidy hovering around 90% is not comfortable. Last year I ran the air conditioning 3 days, this year is has been running straight for over two months. I feel like I was just complaining that it was too cold to work on the car.

Needless to say, I am still working on cleaning up the valley of death. I have a new fuel distrubutor and CPR on the way. I knew my fuel distributor was in need of work, and I wasn't sure about the CPR and I came across a set on the DMCTalk forums so I decided to just get both to make sure I am set to go.

The front grill for VIN 1470 was missing and I also managed to pick up a used one in nice condition. Once the car arrives I will be able to put it on. Yes, I'm still waiting for it to arrive. The company I normally used seems to be out of business so I had to look for another company to move the car, which is tricky in the auto transport industry, which isn't known for it stellar reputation. I hope it arrives in one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment