Thursday, June 3, 2010

License Plate Bezel

In an earlier blog post I mentioned that number of the black pieces on the car were very faded from roasting in the sun for so many years. I had ordered a can of SEM Trim Black paint in hopes of restoring these pieces. The recommendation to use this paint was a very good one and it matches the original Delorean black finish very nicely.

Here is a before and after image of the license plate surround so that you can see the results for yourself:



That is quite a difference, and considering this part is not available through DMC anymore this is about the best it is going to get. I did several very light coats of paint to get a nice finish, no sanding necessary. I have more pieces to do, but I know others were going to be curious to see the results.

1 comment: