Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Its been a week since my last post, so I figured it was time to provide an update. I have been working on the car, but the midwest spring weather has been working against me, and the yard has started to require spring maintenance which sucked up the weekend before this last one. Then this past weekend we had relatives in town, so we were entertaining the whole weekend.

I did manage to work on a few things. One of the main things I have been working on is refurbishing the fuel tank closing plate. This required a lot of sanding, applying primer, painting, sanding a bit, then painting some more. It is starting to look pretty good, but I still have some work to do on it. I will take a picture once it is done so that you can see how nice it looks. It is looking almost like new!

I've also been working on removing the rear fascia, so it can be prepped and painted. I've decided to have the front fascia painted on the car because it is a real pain to get on and off and there is no real reason to take it off consdering the amount of effort. On the other hand the rear fascia comes off relatively easy, and it will definitely be easier to paint off the car, so its coming off. I have all of the bolts and screws removed for the rear fascia, I just need to pull it off now.

In other news the rest of my parts came in so that I can re-assemble the fuel tank now; I finally have everything I need. I also pulled off the fuel distributor to see if I could "un-stick" the plunger -- this was a no go, it is really stuck! I will have to add a rebuilt fuel distributor to my next parts order. While I am at it I might just order a warm up regulator (CPR), because it is likely going to cause trouble too. I am going to get the injectors cleaned when I return the fuel distributor for the rebuild. The last part of the fuel system is the accumulator, and I'm going to wait and see if I really need to replace it or not, otherwise the entire fuel system on this car is going to be basically brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment